A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn’t will find an excuse. – Stephen Dolley Jr.
Do you see opportunity? Or just problems in every plan? Some of the smartest people make the worst entrepreneurs because they can easily see all the holes in the plan, the flies in the ointment and the challenges that they will need to hurdle so they can succeed. These potential issues can overwhelmingly cloud all the possible opportunities. When you think of your goals, focus on the dream of making them happen and not the roadblocks in your way. For goals to be achieved you really have to want them, believe they can happen and most importantly take action. This week when you are setting your goals for the New Year, focus on why you can make it happen and not why you can’t. No excuses!
When you are formulating your goals for the year, please keep these tips in mind…
1. State your goals positively – ‘Perform this activity well’ is a much better than ‘Don’t make this stupid mistake.’
2. Goals must be specific and measurable – Put numbers on it. Include dates, time, and amounts.
3. Prioritize each goal – Which one is most important to focus on first?
4. Write down your goals and review them daily – Ideally 3 times a day, but at least in the morning upon waking and at night before sleeping.
5. Make sure your goals are realistic and performance based – Set goals that you can achieve and make sure that they are in your control as much as possible.
Make it your best year ever!